Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requiem

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance

Go down 
+5
Amala
Bloodica
Tiamat
Harkon(Kirss)
Doz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Doz

Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Empty
PostSubject: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 9:48 am

So, after Bloodica came back, he's mentioned a possible change in the policy to me.
It sounds reasonable to me, but i'd like anyone else to post their opinions too.

Currently Requiem1 are required to attend all of the Chip Wars, whenever there are online personnel.
This means that if you are playing RF, when a chip war occurs, you are required to attend and fight, no matter what the probable outcome.

The change would be: you are required only to attend 1 chip war. (the one cora normally wins).
For the other 2, attendance is optional.

I'll probly keep going to all chip wars anyway.

Pros:
You can stay on Ether and farm
We'll get back members that we've lost due to the current policy (ppl don't mind attending the wins)
Less Stress
Less wasted effort.

Cons:
Some people will end up not CWing at ALL.
Cora turnout could get extremely weak in off-prime chipwars.
Requiem may move down honor role.

So, thoughts?
This change will be made if there is no opposition.

edit: changed a 'not' into an 'up', line19

Last edited by Doz on February 27th 2008, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harkon(Kirss)

Harkon(Kirss)

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 10:13 am

Looks like the new guy gets first crack.

When I joined up that was the only thing I was somewhat concerned about. Ive usually skipped the 10PM (est) war because with the amount of ACC its just retarded. Those guys can field alot and ive found my time is better spent in ether leveling on ABB's and Cali's. Also its a damn pain in the butt to get back twice a day to that place. I know RF is a game about PvP but you can only PvP properly if your competitive. I'm not competitive at 45 fighting 2 to 1 or worse odds and then also having to deal with level 49-50 ACC guys.

You can be outnumbered and win though levels.
You can be out leveled and win though numbers.
You can't do both, at least not in this game.

-Hark
Back to top Go down
Tiamat

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 11:00 am

Doz wrote:
Pros:
You can stay on Ether and farm and enjoy the lvl 1/2 debuff when accs raid you with lvl 1/2 buff

Corrected.

Skipping the acc primetime CW is one thing, skipping the one after this is another ... and in my opinion a bad idea. We lose this one usually because the lake of numbers. The acc may have numbers but not necessary high levels. At least a defense is doable if you have some decent numbers. Skip it too and you cut the numbers + give us a lvl 2 debuff for the next hours.

So said a bad idea but it's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Bloodica
Admin
Bloodica

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 12:01 pm

we have done our share of contribution in the past, we slow down on lvling go to CW to support our race. we stop farming to go to CW to support our race, as matter and fact we stop doing everything when it comes to CW.

and now in the end what do we have?

Nothing!!

what we have is majority of people exhausted of cwing, tired of their class, then we got people either quitting, rerolling, switching guild, or just dont give a fack of anything anymore.

i am not asking to get any money, gold, fame or w/e as reward for our contributions in the CW, it is our "Duty" to support the race. However, i do want people to respect us for what we have sacrificed, give up just to keep on doing cw 3x a day. so far i can hardly see that, instead other guilds even archons treats us as if we are nothing just pile of shlt they can just pushing around and steping stone to help them get better members.

i made this suggestion to Doz for two reason, one i want to pull our guild together, give our old guild members a little bit of relaxing time, take a break, do things they want to do, and we also need to find more good players to fill our empty spots in guild. another reason is that instead of CW we will use the time to do more guild farming, lvling, pbing, BD, etc.. It is time for us to get to next level and become stronger! acc got so many lvl 50s already and yet cora got less then an hand full that is rly sad. get people to level 50 is our goal!!!

when favrielle was still around, she suggested that we all contribute our share of money into guild, then use that guild money to help guildies to purchase better gears, spell, potion or whatever that can help our guild becomes stronger. right now instead of asking people to take out their money, i am thinking get people together from time to time aild listnd go do guild farming party. the money will go to guild and the guild will use that money to buy off any good stats weapon on AH and as well as possible purchasing intense gear set for member. this will need alot of work, not likely can happen in a day so for now just get things start it a little by little do some guild farming together with main or sub guild.

Doz mentioned something regarding the honor list. actually i have beem thinking get off that facking list, we dont need that shlt. we can get guild fund from farming easy. C.D ain't got what it takes to be imperial so they did what 7veo did to make everyone 10% to cover their azz. it ain't cause they think its fair!!! Slawo is the most greedy man i have met in Cora race, if there is anyway to get more he will want it. imo they did that only to shut us up, less drama for them.

Leave those "politic" to those shltheads. we focus on lvling, pbing and become stronger, if keep it up our old way, eventually other guilds including other race will outlvl us by far and we are gonna phail to hold ourself in battle or an place in cora

my words are not final decision, only a suggestion. if you dont feel this is the kind of situation we are in or w/e reason dont think we should do it, leave your comments
Back to top Go down
https://requiem.forumakers.com
Amala

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 12:20 pm

Frankly, guild policy or not, I've been skipping the 10pm est CW as it's just dumb as hell. Doesn't matter if our full guild of 50 or so members attend, the outcome will always be the same. It's irritating to no end and I'm sick of it. This is the only war I can attend during the week due to work, so yeah, the only CW I'll attend are the non 10pm est ones on the weekend, if I'm around.

If the decision is to maintain mandatory attendance, go ahead and kick me, I'm not putting up with this shit anymore.

EDIT: Screw honor guild list.

Last edited by Amala on February 27th 2008, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keb

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 12:26 pm

OK jumping in. My two cents. So far as the CW goes, yea, I'm on the page with Amala, naturally. But here's some points that I think we're lacking. We have enough money and enough crafters to do one thing and one thing well, we need to get everyone +7 dodge boots, white would be fine. Would still be better and it would be cost effective to obtain that goal for everyone. After reviewing the ACC levels, they have 20 or 30 lvl 50s that show up to the 10pm versus the 20 cora that do not show and 10 bells that do not show. Provided that all of them would go to any one of them. I think we need to focus on the inside and start working out our crafters and miners and start purchasing talics and getting better defence gear, especially the boots. I think we need to focus on getting ourselves a lvl 50 guild. That can only be done as a team fighting in areas other than normal. Good places to lvl vc, bm & ether.

Put everything on hold until some of that stuff has been met.

My thoughts only.

PS there may be a new site coming, keep an eye out.

Keb
Back to top Go down
Tiamat

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 12:27 pm

Bloodica wrote:
my words are not final decision, only a suggestion. if you dont feel this is the kind of situation we are in or w/e reason dont think we should do it, leave your comments

That's what I did Wink

Tbh Requiem alone can not win this CW. Our numbers at this time aren't so big. But still ... losing this war on a daily basic = lvl 2 debuff for us and usually lvl 2 buff for accs. It will hurt some more, some less. If you don't play during this time, why should you care?! But it will hurt the ones that play in the time between this and our primetime CW.

We just should keep that in mind.

Edit:
If the majority of the guild wants it we can skip the requirement CW-Attendance once and for all and replace it with a "would be nice to see you there". Having this requirement or not isn't the point. Everybody should know by now that a debuff doesn't really help. As long as we don't start placing guild activities in CW times I'm fine with it.

But it doesn't change anything to my words above. It isn't really funny to tank babas with a lvl 3 debuff, your hp drop often to 30% and less and some dumbass (non guildy) tells you "your armor seems bad" when you invested most of your money in it ...
Back to top Go down
Doz

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 2:21 pm

Keb, crafters dont have a whole lot to do with making dodge boots.
By far and away the hard part is sticking talics in, and that costs millions in mercy talics and gem sets.

Also, you want GM Evasion, and a whole lotta extra dodge from elementals before you see any effect Mad
Back to top Go down
Bloodica
Admin
Bloodica

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 8:23 pm

no point to work on your gear until you are lvl 47+, by then everyone should have intense set with at least +2 favor. dodge boot is a good idea but its not rly that great until you have 120+ dodge,
you can get that with GM evasion(30) + dodge boot(+5, 60) +smart weapon(10) and you need at least 1 perfect dodge elez (20) or more.
for those without range expert, dps will need to look for more dodge elez, but if replace atk ring with dodge ring, its gonna reduce alot of dmg.

grrr.. anyway, debuff is bad for everyone, but when the CW just us + few other, there isn't anypoint to put up a fight. we will lose only matter of time. our guild not the only one on cora side and definately not the most powerful one. lets just chill and let others to worry about it for change, and we will more focus on lvling.
Back to top Go down
Doz

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2008, 2:26 am

Now that I've slept on it.
It wouldn't make much of a difference if we say:

1 CW a day is mandatory (the one we win)

or

All CWs are optional.

People will still flock to our win, bc it's really our only chance.
Back to top Go down
Bloodica
Admin
Bloodica

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2008, 2:38 am

all CW optional is fine with me. personally i am rly plssed and tired of all these so call high lvl politic and shlt CW, no tactic, no sstrategy just rush, atk defend. nothing new at all
Back to top Go down
Chicken

PostSubject: ehh   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2008, 2:41 am

i agree that this is bestcourse of action for us

but if we concede defeat we can never win... i dont like thinking that for the rest of the game we have a cw we are going to win... whats the point in playing at that point.
Back to top Go down
Ulwe

Ulwe

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2008, 3:28 pm

As I can't attend early morning and midday CW (European Time) during week days, I can't say I really know the situation. I'm usually on for the Cora prime time CW!

I can understand the feeling of uselessness when you see 10 coras, vs 1.200.000 (approx) ACCs, and you can't even try to get the strikers line.... During week-ends I go to these CW, to keep dying and cap my CP loss (a great way to start my day ^^).

Usually, I don't see many of other "honor" guilds in those week-ends CW, we usually lose. Is it a waste of time ? If even our guild doesn't show itself, who will go to those CW ? I'm afraid of seeing lesser and lesser people to those CW "lost-in-advance". And then to know every day a level 2 debuff... which makes pt / xp a real pain.

But let's face the question : Requiem (and Req²) alone is not able to win a war or, at least, to avoid our chip to be destroyed. If we are the only ones who attend these wars (in fact if YOU are those ones during week days), then why should we put our effort for the race without any thank ?

All this long post to say I'm fine with the optionnal case of those cw. Even I'll try to attend as many CW as I will be able to. And I know we all need to up our lvl, pt and gear to be / stay competitive. And I'm fien too with the idea of guild farming.

But I think CW time is a really important moment in this game. It's also a great way to improve our skills together. I like the idea to keep our prime time CW as a mandatory.

About Req leaving the honor guilds, a "and then..." comes to mind... I can't care less.

Well, just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Bloodica
Admin
Bloodica

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2008, 7:08 pm

this is only a temporary move, just wait a bit until we get higher lvls. lvl 50 is what we aim for.

and chicken!!! Stop playing the damn alts.....
Back to top Go down
Tiamat

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2008, 4:16 pm

Well, the change is done and it's ok for me. But I guess by the time we have a decent number of lvl 50s, accretians may have some more "jaded lvl 55s" and we are behind again. I just hope the change will not change the guild to some carebears Wink
Back to top Go down
ByulBerries

ByulBerries

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2008, 8:01 pm

this week's cws = meh.

seriously, hasaki doesn't know how to lead, not a bit of logic.
WHEN WILL CORA GET A great RL? cyclops affraid Crying or Very sad afro lol!
Back to top Go down
Bloodica
Admin
Bloodica

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 5:58 am

i can sense this, the curse of RL Continues......
Back to top Go down
Doz

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2008, 11:22 am

plz let the curse hit diggl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance   Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible change to guild policy: cw attendance
Page 1 of 1