Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requiem

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to make money?

Go down 
+4
ByulBerries
Gwendolen
Intrigued
Retasha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Retasha

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 11:33 pm

Well, having just blown 80 mil for my stupid JP, i'm now officially poor as hell. My standard method of making money involves buying mass quanity of goods (T3s T4s talics) at a low price and then try to vendor them all piecemeal at near full prices. It's a profitable but time consuming tactic and quite frankly i'm getting sick of it since i'd rather run around and kill stuff.

Last nite i tried to farm callis (while grouped, solo i hit Passer Betas or Hobo Blades) in ether and it was decent money considering i was also pting. However i won't always be able to group with folks and i know lots of folks out there are also in need of dough to buy better gear, elite spells, or whatnot.

Since i'm in an impoverished state i can no longer try to attempt my old method of making money since i don't have enough capital to buy up mass quantities. I'm now stuck on trying to find the alternative ways to earn money while solo.

So far i've come up with...

1. Farm in Ether
pros - mobs drop lots of stuff, pt
cons - overfarmed, lots of raiders, mobs hit pretty hard and you drink up pots, LAG (i have crappy comp

2. Make a farm spec (lazhus, tcs, ether, etc)
pros - can never want for talics t3s t2s, make lotsa money selling them to!
cons - gotta make a new char, raiders, semi time consuming

3. Farm TCs for spells/profit
pros - get needed elites, pt, some money
cons - overfarmed, TONs of raiders

4. Merchant (my old method)
pros - makes good money if you haggle like crazy, totally safe
cons - need large initial capital, time consuming, no xp/pt

5. Kiss up to Doz and rob the bank when he's not looking
pros - craploads of cash
cons - if i get caught i'll be chaos potted til i quit the game Razz

I can go back to #4 if i had to, but i was trending towards #2 until Doz told me that it wasn't a good idea (i should focus on pt/xping Retasha). I REALLY need to build up my warchest again cuz it adds alot of flexibility to what i can do. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Currently i'm a lvl 42 warlock with 52 melee 51 range 71 force 52 shield and 58 defense. Only have 3 elite spells atm, 45s 46s across the board from unlocking them. Weapon is Strong Black Bead +2 and i have 2 +10 attk rings. I might be underpowered cuz of my low force pt, but if there's a mob i can pt AND make money off of that would be very nice.
Back to top Go down
Intrigued

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 1:29 am

1. Farm in Ether
pros - mobs drop lots of stuff, pt
cons - overfarmed, lots of raiders, mobs hit pretty hard and you drink up pots, LAG (i have crappy comp

Might want to wait till at least 45ish, but callis work really well.

2. Make a farm spec (lazhus, tcs, ether, etc)
pros - can never want for talics t3s t2s, make lotsa money selling them to!
cons - gotta make a new char, raiders, semi time consuming

I took this mether, made a lvl 40 spec with 35 isis in 2 days, completly plvled and gimped pts. It farms about 6-7mil in booty and hour +3 stacks of rare ores. Works really well imo. This is off passer alphas turret farming in ether, yes you can do Laz's but I hate waiting for ores to sell and I think it averages to about the same anyways... not to mention it gets raided a bit more.

3. Farm TCs for spells/profit
pros - get needed elites, pt, some money
cons - overfarmed, TONs of raiders

I think this is too slow, and relys too much on luck.. wich I have none of(tried farming like 10 hours back in the day didnt find a single spell.)

4. Merchant (my old method)
pros - makes good money if you haggle like crazy, totally safe
cons - need large initial capital, time consuming, no xp/pt

It works.. but slower then other methods.

5. Kiss up to Doz and rob the bank when he's not looking
pros - craploads of cash
cons - if i get caught i'll be chaos potted til i quit the game

Fail. I know it was a joke. =P

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Gwendolen

Gwendolen

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 4:37 am

Come farm callis with me!
Back to top Go down
ByulBerries

ByulBerries

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 12:00 pm

Here's what i used to do : Rare ores, TC, and making elites.
Now, here's what i do : Farm Farm Farm at Callis.
Back to top Go down
Bloodica
Admin
Bloodica

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 9:28 am

stop making the damn jp just go buy one. alot ppl selling them around 30m, so much safer.
Back to top Go down
https://requiem.forumakers.com
Dumpling

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 5:30 pm

Haha i was with Ret when he was making his JP. I should of had my camera ready when he was about to break down into tears at the 80 mil mark.
Back to top Go down
IceBlast

IceBlast

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 8:39 am

you should be lucky that you even had 80+ mil.
I can just dream of that. but it's bad news that you lost it all Neutral
the fastest way to make money is to be lucky. like with making spells or processing ores.
but you shouldn't try that, because you're unlucky already haha bom
best way is to, farm farm farm! at your lvl you should farm in ether. you could ask a tank to help you too if you want, less risk to die ^^
if you want someone to farm with, just PM me in-game (Dreiser).
i am a BK, so don't expect much DPs -.-
anyways, good luck with farming for a new attempt to fail a jetpack Wink
(joke xD)
Back to top Go down
IceBlast

IceBlast

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 10:05 pm

i got a harder question... how the **** does Tanks farm?!?!
i've been wondering that since i started the game.... and i just RECENTLY found out that the BK class buff lowers the attack pwr alot! Sad

So... should tanks go and take with them their small butter knife and farm mobs that got about 10k+ HP and that BKs can only hit them around 400 normal hit -_-
doesn't make sense to me. is there another way to farm, for BKs?
Back to top Go down
Xynthia

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 10:13 pm

Yes there is a way farm with someone who makes Damage Wink
Back to top Go down
IceBlast

IceBlast

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 10:36 pm

but then we have to split the loot... bah, only if he/she makes more then 2k dmg xD
then i would be happy
Back to top Go down
Amala

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 10:41 pm

I farm callis all the time - perma parked in lures lot atm.

If ya'll see me up there, feel free to party me and my hecate up - we can do round robin, they die quite fast with mine and hecates aoe, you'll make a couple of mil per run of pots (depending on how many you take out at a time). Most likely you'll farm more than enough to cover the pots.
Back to top Go down
IceBlast

IceBlast

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2008, 9:07 am

yea, that sounds great! Very Happy
i'll come when i fixed my comp though >>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to make money? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make money?   How to make money? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make money?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Requiem :: General :: General Topics-
Jump to: